Quick notes on a Bicycle reseller web service use case.
- A bicycle and component resaler with only a web interface. This is a mom and pop opperation but everyone assumes they are a union-busting, meglomaniac with monopolistic intent.
BikeWeb also has a reputation for building solid wheels quickly and inexpensively. Competitors assume BikeWeb violates some child labour laws somewhere.
- The final customer in our business (unless you count the folks who use his courier service).
- Tubes and Joints
- Colorado frame-building company with a welding and Zen.
- Marbles Co.
- Roller, ball and needle bearings wholesaler.
- This company manufactures parts that roll, slide or spin. Everybody who knows bicycles dreams of impressing their friends with a Distinto Groupo.
- Another brand name company, specializing in non-moving parts, like seatpost, bars, stem.
- Bike Warehouse
- This wharehouse resells components from most known brands. They wholesale their stock back out to catalog and store front companies.
- spoke nipple
- bottom bracket
- break cables
- shifter cables
$Id: Overview.html,v 1.2 2002/06/20 16:41:16 eric Exp $
- Zippy is working as a bicycle courier when his bicycle is run over by a city bus. He escapes with minor road rash and and refuses ambulance assistance.
- Zippy borrows a bicycle from a friend for a week and sets down to order a new bike from BikeWeb.
- Zippy fills out an online order form with a delivery time of one week and clicks the Check Availability button.
- BikeWeb's back end processing examines his order with the purpose of data validation and refinement.