IRC log of webont on 2002-06-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:36:30 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webont
15:49:36 [heflin]
heflin has joined #webont
15:49:51 [heflin]
Hi Dan
15:50:45 [jhendler]
jhendler has joined #webont
15:51:01 [DanCon]
wow... IRC works from italy, Jim?
15:53:17 [pfps]
pfps has joined #webont
15:54:01 [jhendler]
dan - where you been, we've been ircing and chumping on rdfig for a couple of days
15:54:48 [DanCon]
do you expect to have IRC and phone during the telcon?
15:55:08 [jhendler]
what is good is that we've set it up so we can irc and still call
15:55:18 [jhendler]
15:55:45 [jhendler]
there may be delayes in the chat - don't count on it being real-time - we get occasional "block outs" for a few minutes
15:58:01 [jhendler]
dan - weird phone problem - Ian's phone provided thinks "#" means end call, and we cannot do the code for zakim - is there another way to solve this?
15:58:08 [Zakim]
SW_WebOnt()12:00PM has now started
15:58:15 [Zakim]
15:58:48 [nmg]
nmg has joined #webont
15:59:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.484.892.aaaa
15:59:22 [jhendler]
zakim, aaaa is jeffH
15:59:23 [Zakim]
+JeffH; got it
15:59:42 [Zakim]
15:59:57 [Zakim]
16:00:23 [DanCon]
er... dunno about # problem, Jim
16:00:43 [Zakim]
16:01:01 [jhendler]
thanks - we're going to try direct call (bridge says one can use *0 for an operator, but it isn't working)
16:01:36 [Zakim]
16:02:14 [Zakim]
16:02:37 [Zakim]
16:02:38 [Zakim]
16:02:52 [Zakim]
16:03:17 [jhendler]
iswc group having trouble - cannot figure it out yet - will keep trying
16:03:19 [Zakim]
16:03:22 [Zakim]
16:03:25 [DanCon]
Zakim, who's here?
16:03:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see John.Stanton, JeffH, NickG, ??P31, Marwan.Sabbouh, DanC, Evan.Wallace, ??P35, ??P0, M.Smith
16:03:28 [Zakim]
On IRC I see nmg, pfps, jhendler, heflin, RRSAgent, Zakim, DanCon, logger_1
16:04:15 [jhendler]
zakim, who is here uniquely
16:04:17 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is here uniquely', jhendler. Try /msg Zakim help
16:06:02 [jhendler]
we are on holdwaiting for an operator at MIT - have been for a while - music is awful
16:06:10 [jhendler]
DanC anyone we can ping?
16:06:13 [DanCon]
MIT operator? how did you get that far?
16:06:18 [DanCon]
oh; I guess I see.
16:06:49 [Zakim]
16:06:54 [pfps]
its ok now
16:07:17 [DanCon]
Zakim, ??P1 is ISWC
16:07:19 [Zakim]
+ISWC; got it
16:07:33 [DanCon]
Zakim, ISWC holds JimH, IanH, PeterPS, Guus, DebM, MikeD
16:07:34 [jhendler]
zakim, ISWC has guus, jim, deb, mike, ian and peter
16:07:34 [Zakim]
+JimH, IanH, PeterPS, Guus, DebM, MikeD; got it
16:07:36 [Zakim]
+Guus, Jim, Deb, Mike, Ian, Peter; got it
16:08:09 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.271.aabb
16:08:30 [libby]
libby has joined #webont
16:08:35 [DanCon]
Zakim, where is 781?
16:08:36 [Zakim]
North American dialing code 1.781 is Massachusetts
16:08:37 [mdean]
mdean has joined #webont
16:08:41 [Zakim]
16:08:47 [jhendler]
regrets from Ruediker, frank, davidT, and jeremy C (who is on the beach)
16:08:51 [DanCon]
Zakim, who's here?
16:08:52 [Zakim]
On the phone I see John.Stanton, JeffH, NickG, ??P31, Marwan.Sabbouh, DanC, Evan.Wallace, ??P35, ??P0, M.Smith, ISWC, +1.781.271.aabb, ??P5
16:08:54 [Zakim]
ISWC has Guus, Jim, Deb, Mike, Ian, Peter
16:08:54 [Zakim]
On IRC I see mdean, libby, nmg, pfps, jhendler, heflin, RRSAgent, Zakim, DanCon, logger_1
16:09:36 [Zakim]
16:09:40 [DanCon]
Zakim, DeRoo, Eschelman, Buswell, Obrst are here too.
16:09:43 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'DeRoo, Eschelman, Buswell, Obrst are here too.', DanCon. Try /msg Zakim help
16:09:53 [libby]
I'm here...
16:10:02 [Zakim]
16:10:22 [DanCon]
1.1 scribe: Hefflin volunteered in 6Jun telcon
16:10:40 [heflin]
1.3 review minutes
16:11:07 [DanCon]
pls add 1.x ftf update
16:11:09 [Zakim]
16:11:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.850.202.aacc - is perhaps PatH?
16:11:31 [heflin]
ter Horst just joined
16:12:09 [heflin]
1.5 Action continued. Jeremy Carroll access pending
16:12:25 [heflin]
1.6 continued?
16:13:14 [heflin]
1.7 Next Meeting: Chaired by Guus
16:13:16 [jhendler]
JimH and Guus will release f2f agenda in near future - hope to do it in both RDF and English
16:13:24 [heflin]
Scribe will be Larry Eschelman
16:13:32 [DanCon]
18. ftf update.
16:13:34 [DeborahMc]
DeborahMc has joined #webont
16:13:44 [DanCon]
16:14:05 [JosD]
JosD has joined #webont
16:14:06 [heflin]
many regrets. 11 not registered yet
16:14:24 [DanCon]
phayes2. hmm.
16:14:34 [Zakim]
16:14:44 [heflin]
phayes: will be present at F2F
16:15:43 [heflin]
Guus: telecon on 2nd day
16:15:58 [pfps]
telecon 9am (to 9:45 or so) PDT
16:15:58 [heflin]
Danc: on to Issues
16:16:06 [jhendler]
telecon at 9AM Pacific time - second day of f2f
16:16:12 [DanCon]
16:16:18 [heflin]
2.1 hasClass/toClass
16:16:26 [DanCon]
clear preference for allValuesFrom, someValuesFrom
16:17:23 [DanCon]
RESOLVED: allValuesFrom, someValuesFrom
16:17:48 [heflin]
Issues 4.1 UniqueProp, 3.4 UnambiguousProp
16:18:59 [heflin]
hayes: doesn't like 1tomany, manyto1. Less readable in subject property object style
16:19:14 [heflin]
hayes: prefers hasOnlyOne, IsTheOnlyOne
16:19:30 [jhendler]
isn't 1tomany illegal XML
16:20:04 [heflin]
sorry shorthand: oneToMany is what the proposal is
16:20:24 [heflin]
dean: current names are terrible
16:20:40 [heflin]
Ian: proposes that we leave it longer
16:20:52 [heflin]
DanC: Leave issue open
16:21:10 [heflin]
Agenda Item 3: Documents
16:21:19 [heflin]
3.1 Compliance Level 1
16:21:33 [heflin]
deb: had meeting in Sardinia
16:22:19 [heflin]
Had trouble hearing Deb's points. Can someone transcribe to log?
16:22:59 [DanCon]
16:24:01 [heflin]
Deb: will be available in two days
16:24:05 [jhendler]
Deb says - 1) One document called "feature review" that contains all language features in a short synopsis
16:24:27 [jhendler]
that document asap, but not by Monday
16:24:36 [heflin]
folks are willing to review document in only one week
16:24:54 [Zakim]
16:25:16 [jhendler]
Deb says 2) proposed level change is to change cardinality to be a bit simpler, but rest like her document
16:25:27 [jhendler]
possible names "owl lite" and "owl"
16:25:50 [DanCon]
17Jun + 1 week = 24 Jun, which is one week prior to the ftf, 1-2Jun.
16:26:21 [heflin]
debc: where to draw the line? reduced cardinality.
16:26:28 [jhendler]
3) pfps/ian will do a document called "formal specification" which is the abst syntax document
16:26:29 [DanCon]
nifty. (cardinality 0/1)
16:26:47 [JonB]
JonB has joined #webont
16:26:48 [jhendler]
4) mike dean to do OWL reference document (syntax)
16:27:17 [heflin]
debc: compliance level 1 not called feature synopsis
16:27:23 [DanCon]
== 3.2 DAML+OIL update
16:27:43 [heflin]
16:27:44 [DanCon]
"OWL Syntax synopsis"
16:27:48 [DanCon]
MikeD to edit.
16:28:08 [DanCon]
not clear what the name/title is
16:28:38 [DanCon]
MikeD: 17Jun is likely.
16:28:47 [DanCon]
== 3.3 Feature Synopsis of the OWL Ontology Language
16:28:55 [jhendler]
we used name ofthat document "OWL v 1.0 Reference Document" on last week's telecon, assume that is still what this is
16:29:42 [DanCon]
Peter: this is now just "abstract syntax"
16:30:48 [heflin]
Peter: Final version available Jun 17
16:30:52 [DanCon]
ACTION PeterPS: "abstract syntax" draft for ftf 17Jun.
16:31:34 [heflin]
terHorst: Has already reviewed as well
16:31:49 [DanCon]
what's in the agenda as an action on Jos should be HermanT: review feature synopsis. pretty much done.
16:32:08 [heflin]
Peter: believes one outstanding issue with ter Horst review
16:32:22 [heflin]
3.4 Requirements Documents
16:32:29 [jhendler]
JimH agreed to review that document
16:32:36 [heflin]
available for review
16:32:55 [DanCon]
ACTION JimH and DanC will review as well.
16:33:01 [jhendler]
DanC said he would review if (and only if) it contained a diff.
16:33:08 [DanCon]
ACTION PatH: to review requirements
16:33:13 [DanCon]
ACTION Welty to review.
16:33:39 [DanCon]
== 3.5 XML Presentation Syntax
16:34:16 [DanCon]
PeterPS: I've seen a few comments... from De Roo, Borden.
16:34:44 [heflin]
Borden: clarifying concern about rdf:ID as a qname
16:34:47 [DanCon]
Borden: rdf:ID="xsd:integer" <- rdf:IDs don't take qnames.
16:35:11 [heflin]
Borden: Please use something other than rdf:ID
16:36:03 [heflin]
jim: document cannot be incompatible with published standards before working draft status
16:37:49 [heflin]
Borden: 1) need to do a good syntax. 2) when reusing a name, must use it as it was used before
16:38:47 [DanCon]
ACTION JeffH to review continues. pending "actual syntax" draft.
16:38:57 [DanCon]
ACTION RaphaelV to review continues.
16:38:57 [jhendler]
zakim, iswc also contains raphael
16:39:00 [Zakim]
+Raphael; got it
16:39:00 [heflin]
hayes: call it pps:id or something not rdf:id
16:39:30 [DanCon]
ACTION PeterPS: draft for ftf Monday, 17Jun.
16:40:01 [Zakim]
16:40:02 [DanCon]
---- AOB
16:40:05 [heflin]
Evan: UML Presentation Syntax
16:40:11 [heflin]
Evan: version done by June 24
16:40:25 [heflin]
ACTION: Evan: Presentation Syntax by 24 June
16:41:21 [heflin]
Hendler: Propose topic for F2F to Hendler or Guus by Monday morning
16:42:38 [DanCon]
--- ISWC update
16:42:44 [DanCon]
PFPS won best paper.
16:44:02 [Zakim]
16:44:12 [DanCon]
Fla Oct 2003 <- where/when for next ISWC. suggestion.
16:44:44 [Zakim]
16:44:52 [Zakim]
16:44:53 [Zakim]
16:44:55 [Zakim]
16:44:56 [Zakim]
16:44:57 [Zakim]
16:44:58 [Zakim]
16:44:58 [heflin]
Meeting Adjourned
16:45:01 [Zakim]
16:45:01 [Zakim]
16:45:01 [Zakim]
16:45:02 [Zakim]
16:45:03 [Zakim]
16:45:05 [Zakim]
- +1.781.271.aabb
16:45:08 [Zakim]
16:45:09 [Zakim]
16:45:11 [nmg]
nmg has left #webont
16:45:13 [Zakim]
SW_WebOnt()12:00PM has ended
16:45:16 [jhendler]
jhendler has left #webont
16:47:09 [DanCon]
logger_1, pointer?
16:47:10 [logger_1]
16:47:14 [DanCon]
RRSAgent, pointer?
16:47:14 [RRSAgent]
18:51:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webont