Edit ISSUE-50: URIs, URNs, "location independent" naming systems and associated registries for naming on the Web

Nickname:

Title:

State:

Product:

Raised By:

Description:

Add notes (no markup allowed, URIs get automatically hyperlinked):

Related emails:

  1. Re: W3C URN scheme 'root' doesn't exist? (from singer@apple.com on 2014-05-09) (from singer@apple.com on 2014-05-09)
  2. Re: W3C URN scheme 'root' doesn't exist? (from rees@mumble.net on 2014-05-09) (from rees@mumble.net on 2014-05-09)
  3. Draft minutes from 2012-11-08 (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2012-11-28) (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2012-11-28)
  4. Re: TAG Minutes for Nov. 8 (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2012-11-28) (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2012-11-28)
  5. Re: JAR TAG status (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-11-10) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-11-10)
  6. Re: JAR TAG status (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-11-10) (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-11-10)
  7. RE: TAG F2F agenda more or less complete (from masinter@adobe.com on 2012-10-04) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2012-10-04)
  8. TAG F2F agenda more or less complete (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-10-03) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-10-03)
  9. First nearly complete version of TAG F2F agenda (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-09-30) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-09-30)
  10. First nearly complete version of TAG F2F agenda (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-09-30) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-09-30)
  11. ISSUE-50 Fwd: [ietf-secretariat@ietf.org: New Non-WG Mailing List: dsii -- Data Set Identifier Interoperability] (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-06-01) (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-06-01)
  12. Minutes from April 12 TAG Telcon (from ylafon@w3.org on 2012-04-26) (from ylafon@w3.org on 2012-04-26)
  13. Draft Minutes of TAG F2F 2-4 April 2012 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-04-20) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-04-20)
  14. Re: Preliminary agenda for TAG teleconference of 12 April 2012 (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2012-04-10) (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2012-04-10)
  15. Preliminary agenda for TAG teleconference of 12 April 2012 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-04-09) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-04-09)
  16. Re: Minutes from TAG f2f April 4 (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2012-04-09) (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2012-04-09)
  17. Re: Minutes from TAG f2f April 4 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-04-09) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-04-09)
  18. Minutes from TAG f2f April 4 (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2012-04-09) (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2012-04-09)
  19. draft minutes for the TAG teleconference of 26 january 2012 (from ylafon@w3.org on 2012-01-31) (from ylafon@w3.org on 2012-01-31)
  20. Re: Agenda for TAG teleconference of 26 January 2012 (from dan@bluevia.com on 2012-01-26) (from dan@bluevia.com on 2012-01-26)
  21. Re: Agenda for TAG teleconference of 26 January 2012 (from amy@w3.org on 2012-01-25) (from amy@w3.org on 2012-01-25)
  22. Agenda for TAG teleconference of 26 January 2012 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-01-24) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-01-24)
  23. Re: Agenda for TAG teleconference of 19 January 2012 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-01-18) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-01-18)
  24. Agenda for TAG teleconference of 19 January 2012 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-01-17) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-01-17)
  25. Fwd: Soapy: an even better anti-SOPA browser plugin (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-01-12) (from rees@mumble.net on 2012-01-12)
  26. Agenda for TAG F2F 4-6 January 2012 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-12-30) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-12-30)
  27. Draft Minutes for the TAG teleconference of 22 December 2012 (from dan@bluevia.com on 2011-12-23) (from dan@bluevia.com on 2011-12-23)
  28. Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 22 December 2012 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-12-20) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-12-20)
  29. Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 8 December 2011 (from noah@arcanedomain.com on 2011-12-07) (from noah@arcanedomain.com on 2011-12-07)
  30. Re: ISSUE-50 Bilder, Geoff. Identify This! Identifiers and Trust. (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-10-07) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-10-07)
  31. Re: ISSUE-50 Bilder, Geoff. Identify This! Identifiers and Trust. (from duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp on 2011-10-03) (from duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp on 2011-10-03)
  32. Re: ISSUE-50 Bilder, Geoff. Identify This! Identifiers and Trust. (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-09-29) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-09-29)
  33. Re: ISSUE-50 Bilder, Geoff. Identify This! Identifiers and Trust. (from duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp on 2011-09-29) (from duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp on 2011-09-29)
  34. ISSUE-50 Bilder, Geoff. Identify This! Identifiers and Trust. (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-09-28) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-09-28)
  35. Agenda for TAG F2F meeting: 13-15 September 2011 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-09-05) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-09-05)
  36. Persistence at Sept 2011 TAG F2F (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-09-04) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-09-04)
  37. Minutes for September 1 Telcon (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2011-09-04) (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2011-09-04)
  38. Very preliminary agenda and required reading for 13-15 Sept. 2011 TAG F2F now available (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-08-30) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-08-30)
  39. Re: Links and notes for the ISSUE-50 session (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-06-04) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-06-04)
  40. Re: Links and notes for the ISSUE-50 session (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-03) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-03)
  41. Links and notes for the ISSUE-50 session (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-03) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-06-03)
  42. Another ISSUE-50 alert: namecoin (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-05-27) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-05-27)
  43. (ISSUE-50) PersID initiative promotes cooperation between Persistent Identifier systems (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-05-09) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-05-09)
  44. Re: TAG teleconference agenda for 5 May 2011 (from amy@w3.org on 2011-05-04) (from amy@w3.org on 2011-05-04)
  45. TAG teleconference agenda for 5 May 2011 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-05-04) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-05-04)
  46. Draft TAG minutes for telcon of 2011-03-24 are available (from peter.linss@hp.com on 2011-03-29) (from peter.linss@hp.com on 2011-03-29)
  47. Review of TAG issues related to 'URI meaning' (long) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-02-28) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-02-28)
  48. ISSUE-50 Fwd: [Internet-Drafts@ietf.org: I-D Action:draft-jabley-reserved-domain-names-00.txt] (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-02-09) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-02-09)
  49. Re: Stable agenda for TAG F2F of 8-10 February 2011 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-02-05) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-02-05)
  50. Stable agenda for TAG F2F of 8-10 February 2011 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-02-05) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-02-05)
  51. Reading on persistence (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-02-03) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-02-03)
  52. Re: Preliminary version of the Agenda for the TAG F2F Meeting of 8-10 February 2011 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-02-03) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-02-03)
  53. Re: Preliminary version of the Agenda for the TAG F2F Meeting of 8-10 February 2011 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-01-31) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-01-31)
  54. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from nathan@webr3.org on 2011-01-31) (from nathan@webr3.org on 2011-01-31)
  55. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from eric@bisonsystems.net on 2011-01-30) (from eric@bisonsystems.net on 2011-01-30)
  56. Preliminary version of the Agenda for the TAG F2F Meeting of 8-10 February 2011 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-01-30) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-01-30)
  57. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2011-01-28) (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2011-01-28)
  58. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-01-28) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-01-28)
  59. Minutes of the TAG F2F of 19-21 October 2010 are now ready for review (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-30) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-30)
  60. Re: Memo on persistent reference - TAG please read before F2F discussion (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2010-10-19) (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2010-10-19)
  61. Re: Memo on persistent reference - TAG please read before F2F discussion (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-10-18) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-10-18)
  62. Re: Memo on persistent reference - TAG please read before F2F discussion (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-18) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-18)
  63. EZID - another thing to attach to ISSUE-50 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-10-18) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-10-18)
  64. Re: Memo on persistent reference - TAG please read before F2F discussion (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-10-15) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-10-15)
  65. Re: Memo on persistent reference - TAG please read before F2F discussion (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-15) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-15)
  66. Final Agenda for TAG F2F 19-21 October 2010 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-14) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-14)
  67. Re: Memo on persistent reference - TAG please read before F2F discussion (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-14) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-14)
  68. Re: Memo on persistent reference - TAG please read before F2F discussion (from GK-lists@ninebynine.org on 2010-10-13) (from GK-lists@ninebynine.org on 2010-10-13)
  69. Agenda for TAG F2F of October 19-21 2010 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-13) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-13)
  70. Telcon minutes 2010-10-07 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-10-13) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-10-13)
  71. Memo on persistent reference - TAG please read before F2F discussion (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-10-13) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-10-13)
  72. Update on TAG F2F Agenda Planning (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-11) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-11)
  73. optional reading for HTTP semantics discussion (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-06-04) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-06-04)
  74. Re: persistence solutions summary (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-06-04) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-06-04)
  75. Agenda for TAG F2F Meeting 7-9 June 2010 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-06-01) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-06-01)
  76. minutes TAG meeting 24-26 March in Cambridge, MA, USA for review (from connolly@w3.org on 2010-04-12) (from connolly@w3.org on 2010-04-12)
  77. Re: ACTION-402 Summarize JAR's message to HT re HTTP-based naming and put on the agenda (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-03-31) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-03-31)
  78. Re: scheduling persistent naming discussion (from GK-lists@ninebynine.org on 2010-03-24) (from GK-lists@ninebynine.org on 2010-03-24)
  79. Re: scheduling persistent naming discussion (from xiao@renci.org on 2010-03-23) (from xiao@renci.org on 2010-03-23)
  80. RE: ACTION-402 Summarize JAR's message to HT re HTTP-based naming and put on the agenda (from masinter@adobe.com on 2010-03-23) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2010-03-23)
  81. Re: scheduling persistent naming discussion (from nick.gall@gmail.com on 2010-03-23) (from nick.gall@gmail.com on 2010-03-23)
  82. Re: scheduling persistent naming discussion (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-03-23) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-03-23)
  83. Re: ACTION-402 Summarize JAR's message to HT re HTTP-based naming and put on the agenda (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-03-23) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-03-23)
  84. RE: scheduling persistent naming discussion (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-03-23) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-03-23)
  85. RE: scheduling persistent naming discussion (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-03-23) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-03-23)
  86. scheduling persistent naming discussion (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-03-23) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-03-23)
  87. Re: ACTION-402 Summarize JAR's message to HT re HTTP-based naming and put on the agenda (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-03-21) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-03-21)
  88. Draft Agenda of 24-26 March 2010 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-03-19) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-03-19)
  89. Draft minutes of TAG teleconference of 11 March 2010 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-03-19) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-03-19)
  90. Re: AWWSW status (F2F prep) (from michael.hausenblas@deri.org on 2010-03-17) (from michael.hausenblas@deri.org on 2010-03-17)
  91. Re: AWWSW status (F2F prep) (from hhalpin@ibiblio.org on 2010-03-17) (from hhalpin@ibiblio.org on 2010-03-17)
  92. Re: AWWSW status (F2F prep) (from david@dbooth.org on 2010-03-17) (from david@dbooth.org on 2010-03-17)
  93. ACTION-402 Summarize JAR's message to HT re HTTP-based naming and put on the agenda (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-03-17) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-03-17)
  94. AWWSW status (F2F prep) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-03-17) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-03-17)
  95. Re: draft minutes 3/11 (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2010-03-13) (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2010-03-13)
  96. draft minutes 3/11 (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-03-11) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-03-11)
  97. TAG Members: please reviews status of issues you 'shepherd' by Monday, 8 March (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-03-03) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-03-03)
  98. Fw: registries associated with URI schemes (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-02-24) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-02-24)
  99. Agenda for TAG teleconference of 28 January 2010 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-01-26) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2010-01-26)
  100. Re: ORCID author identification initiative (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-01-21) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-01-21)
  101. ORCID author identification initiative (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-01-21) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-01-21)
  102. Re: Agenda and required reading for the 8-10 December 2009 TAG F2F (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-12-07) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-12-07)
  103. ACTION-312 Find a path thru the specs that ... (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-12-07) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-12-07)
  104. Re: Agenda and required reading for the 8-10 December 2009 TAG F2F (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-12-03) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-12-03)
  105. Agenda and required reading for the 8-10 December 2009 TAG F2F (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-12-02) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-12-02)
  106. agenda for TAG meeting 8-10 Dec (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-11-25) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-11-25)
  107. 301works (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-11-18) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-11-18)
  108. please update overdue actions as input to Dec f2f agenda (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-11-09) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-11-09)
  109. Re: [Uri-review] ssh URI (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-10-13) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-10-13)
  110. Re: TAG F2F Shepherd Responsibilities (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-06-11) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-06-11)
  111. ISSUE-50: Dirk and Nadia design a naming scheme (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-06-10) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-06-10)
  112. Approved minutes of the TAG F2F of 3-5 March 2009 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-04-02) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-04-02)
  113. Setting TAG Priorities - Review of discussion and planning to date (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-03-22) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-03-22)
  114. Agenda for TAG Face-to-Face Meeting, 3-5 March 2009 (Redwood Shores, CA) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-25) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-25)
  115. ISSUE-50: Please provide a status update on the URNS & Registries Issue (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-17) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2009-02-17)
  116. Mild tweaks to 'http' scheme description for HTTPbis (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-02-09) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2009-02-09)
  117. Re: Draft Minutes from TAG Telcon of 6th November 2008 Available (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2008-11-12) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2008-11-12)
  118. Draft Minutes from TAG Telcon of 6th November 2008 Available (from skw@hp.com on 2008-11-12) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-11-12)
  119. TAG Telcn Agenda, 6th Nov 2008: Content Transformation Guidelines; urnsAndRegistries-50; Webarch and WS; tagSoupIntegration-54; uriBasedPackageAccess-61; TPAC Followup; F2F Planning. (from skw@hp.com on 2008-11-05) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-11-05)
  120. Agenda Draft for 6th Nov (was RE: TAG Tecon 6th Nov: Request for Agenda Items.) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-11-04) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-11-04)
  121. RE: [XRI] Time for the TAG to sanity check a suggested technical direction from the XRI TC (was FW: Possible faster path forward (was RE: First draft open issues/action items). (from skw@hp.com on 2008-09-25) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-09-25)
  122. RE: TAG minutes from 11th September 2008 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-09-16) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-09-16)
  123. Re: TAG minutes from 11th September 2008 (from john.bradley@wingaa.com on 2008-09-16) (from john.bradley@wingaa.com on 2008-09-16)
  124. Re: TAG minutes from 11th September 2008 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2008-09-16) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2008-09-16)
  125. TAG minutes from 11th September 2008 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-09-16) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-09-16)
  126. [XRI] Time for the TAG to sanity check a suggested technical direction from the XRI TC (was FW: Possible faster path forward (was RE: First draft open issues/action items). (from skw@hp.com on 2008-09-15) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-09-15)
  127. Re: [XRI] Back to XRI (from john.bradley@wingaa.com on 2008-09-10) (from john.bradley@wingaa.com on 2008-09-10)
  128. Re: TAG weekly telcon agenda for 11 Sep 2008: XMLVersioning-41; binaryXML-30; UrnsAndRegistries-50; Self-Describing Web; F2F Agenda; tagSoupIntegration-54; abreviateURIs-56; WS-* inquiry; Content-Transformation Guidelines review request; htpRedirecti (from orchard@pacificspirit.com on 2008-09-10) (from orchard@pacificspirit.com on 2008-09-10)
  129. TAG weekly telcon agenda for 11 Sep 2008: XMLVersioning-41; binaryXML-30; UrnsAndRegistries-50; Self-Describing Web; F2F Agenda; tagSoupIntegration-54; abreviateURIs-56; WS-* inquiry; Content-Transformation Guidelines review request; htpRedirections-57 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-09-10) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-09-10)
  130. Re: Draft agenda for TAG telcon 16th Sept 2008 available (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2008-09-02) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2008-09-02)
  131. Draft agenda for TAG telcon 16th Sept 2008 available (from skw@hp.com on 2008-09-02) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-09-02)
  132. TAG 'back-to-school' Telcon Agenda: 28th Aug 2008: Review Requests; F2F Agenda; UrnsAndRegistries-50; passwordsInTheClear-52; contentTypeOverride-24; tagSoupIntegration-54 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-08-28) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-08-28)
  133. Initial Draft agenda for 28th Aug TAG telcon. (from skw@hp.com on 2008-08-26) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-08-26)
  134. Re: public suffix list: when opacity meets security [metaDataInURI-31 siteData-36] (from john.bradley@wingaa.com on 2008-07-30) (from john.bradley@wingaa.com on 2008-07-30)
  135. Re: Should the HTTP protocol become 'inapropriate' (from john.bradley@wingaa.com on 2008-07-29) (from john.bradley@wingaa.com on 2008-07-29)
  136. Re: Should the HTTP protocol become 'inapropriate' (from john.bradley@wingaa.com on 2008-07-27) (from john.bradley@wingaa.com on 2008-07-27)
  137. Re: [XRI] Back to XRI (from john.bradley@wingaa.com on 2008-07-26) (from john.bradley@wingaa.com on 2008-07-26)
  138. Re: [XRI} Draft minutes from TAG telcon of 2008-07-24 (from john.bradley@wingaa.com on 2008-07-25) (from john.bradley@wingaa.com on 2008-07-25)
  139. Draft minutes from TAG telcon of 2008-07-24, plain text (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2008-07-25) (from ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) on 2008-07-25)
  140. TAG Telcon Agenda for 24th July 2008: contentTypeOverride-24; tagsoupIntegration-54; UrnsAndRegistries-50 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-07-23) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-07-23)
  141. Draft agenda for TAG Telcon 24th July 2008 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-07-22) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-07-22)
  142. TAG Telcon cancelled this week (was RE: TAG Weekly Telcon Agenda: 17th July 2008: contentTypeOverride-24; tagSoupIntegration-54; urnsAndregistries-50) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-07-17) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-07-17)
  143. TAG Weekly Telcon Agenda: 17th July 2008: contentTypeOverride-24; tagSoupIntegration-54; urnsAndregistries-50 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-07-16) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-07-16)
  144. Draft agenda fro Thursdays TAG call (17th July) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-07-15) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-07-15)
  145. RE: Draft minutes of TAG telecon of 10 July 2008 (from Misha.Wolf@thomsonreuters.com on 2008-07-14) (from Misha.Wolf@thomsonreuters.com on 2008-07-14)
  146. Draft minutes of TAG telecon of 10 July 2008 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2008-07-11) (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2008-07-11)
  147. TAG Telcon Agenda for 10th July 2008: UrnsAndRegistries-50; contentTypeOverride-24 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-07-09) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-07-09)
  148. Draft Telcon Agenda for 10th July available for review. (from skw@hp.com on 2008-07-08) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-07-08)
  149. TAG Weekly Telcon Agenda: Proposed Wiget URI Scheme; UrnsAndRegistries-50;XMLVersioning-41;Issues and Action item review. (from skw@hp.com on 2008-06-25) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-06-25)
  150. Re: OASIS call for votes on XRI Syntax draft (from Eduardo.Gutentag@Sun.COM on 2008-06-12) (from Eduardo.Gutentag@Sun.COM on 2008-06-12)
  151. Re: OASIS call for votes on XRI Syntax draft (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-06-12) (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-06-12)
  152. TAG Telcon Agenda: 12th June 2008: namespaceDocument-8;passwordInTheClear-52;tagSoupIntegration-54;UrnsAndRegistries-50;XMLVersioning-41 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-06-11) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-06-11)
  153. Re: OASIS call for votes on XRI Syntax draft (from Eduardo.Gutentag@Sun.COM on 2008-06-05) (from Eduardo.Gutentag@Sun.COM on 2008-06-05)
  154. TAG Telcon Agenda for 5th June 2008: UrnsAndregistries-50; tagSoupIntegration-54;passwordsInTheClear-52; XMLVersioning-41 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-06-04) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-06-04)
  155. DRAFT Minutes from TAG Telcon 29th May 2008 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-06-02) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-06-02)
  156. TAG Telcon Agenda for 29th May 2008: UrnsAndRegistries-50; passwordInTheClear-52; tagSoupIntegration-54; XMLVersioning-41 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-05-28) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-05-28)
  157. Re: TAG recommends against XRI (from rden@loc.gov on 2008-05-21) (from rden@loc.gov on 2008-05-21)
  158. TAG recommends against XRI (from skw@hp.com on 2008-05-21) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-05-21)
  159. Re: FYI - Balloting for OASIS Standard - XRI Syntax 2.0 (ISSUE-50) (from orchard@pacificspirit.com on 2008-05-17) (from orchard@pacificspirit.com on 2008-05-17)
  160. FYI - Balloting for OASIS Standard - XRI Syntax 2.0 (ISSUE-50) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-05-17) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-05-17)
  161. RE: TAG Telcon Agenda for 1st May 2008: tagSoupIntegration-54; UrnsAndRegistries-50; passwordsInTheClear-52; abbreviatedURIs-56 (from dorchard@bea.com on 2008-05-01) (from dorchard@bea.com on 2008-05-01)
  162. RE: TAG Telcon Agenda for 1st May 2008: tagSoupIntegration-54; UrnsAndRegistries-50; passwordsInTheClear-52; abbreviatedURIs-56 (from dorchard@bea.com on 2008-04-30) (from dorchard@bea.com on 2008-04-30)
  163. TAG Telcon Agenda for 1st May 2008: tagSoupIntegration-54; UrnsAndRegistries-50; passwordsInTheClear-52; abbreviatedURIs-56 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-04-30) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-04-30)
  164. TAG Telcon Agenda for 17th April 2008: httpRedirections-57; tagSoupIntegration-54; UrnsAndRegistries-50 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-04-16) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-04-16)
  165. TAG Telcon Agenda: 10th April 2008: XMLVersioning-41; passwordsInTheClear-52;tagSoupIntegration-54;UrnsAndRegistries-50 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-04-09) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-04-09)
  166. TAG Telcon Agenda for 3rd Aprill 2008: RDFinXML-35; tagSoupIntegration-54;UrnsAndRegistries-50; (from skw@hp.com on 2008-04-02) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-04-02)
  167. TAG Telcon agenda: 27th March 2008: abbreviatedURI-56; RDFinXHTML-35; tagSoupIntegration-54; UrnsAndRegistries-50 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-03-26) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-03-26)
  168. TAG Weekly Telcon Agenda: 20th March 2008 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-03-19) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-03-19)
  169. TAG Telcon Agenda: 13th March 2008: webApplicationState-60; tagSoupIntegration-54; UrnsAndRegistries-50; httpRedirections-57 (from skw@hp.com on 2008-03-12) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-03-12)
  170. First draft of Wednesday morning minutes for TAG Vancouver F2F - 27 Feb. 2008 (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2008-02-29) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2008-02-29)
  171. TAG Telcon 7th Feb 2008: Agenda: UrnsAndRegistries-50; passwordsInTheClear-52; Overdue AI's; F2F Planning. (from skw@hp.com on 2008-02-06) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-02-06)
  172. Additional item: UrnsAndRegistries-50 (was RE: TAG Telcon Agenda for 31st January 2008: 2008 F2F Schedule; tagSoupIntegration-54; contentTypeOverride-24;passwordsInTheClear-52;Vancouver F2F.) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-01-31) (from skw@hp.com on 2008-01-31)
  173. RE: FW: [members] Public Review of Extensible Resource Identifier (XRI) Resolution V 2.0 (from skw@hp.com on 2007-12-13) (from skw@hp.com on 2007-12-13)
  174. TAG Telcon Minutes: 18th Oct 2007 (from ndw@nwalsh.com on 2007-10-18) (from ndw@nwalsh.com on 2007-10-18)
  175. TAG Telcon Agenda: 18th Oct 2007: IETF/W3C mtg; tagSoupIntegration-54; IRIEverywhere-27; UrnsAndRegistries; httpRedirections-57; Nov F2F (from skw@hp.com on 2007-10-17) (from skw@hp.com on 2007-10-17)
  176. TAG meeting 17-19 Sep in Southampton: minutes/summary (from connolly@w3.org on 2007-10-04) (from connolly@w3.org on 2007-10-04)
  177. minutes TAG weekly 13 Sep for review: contentTypeOverride-24, XMLVersioning-41 (from connolly@w3.org on 2007-09-13) (from connolly@w3.org on 2007-09-13)
  178. TAG Telcon Agenda: 13th September 2007: [XMLVersioning-41; UrnsAndRegistries-50; contenttypeOverride-24; abbreviatedURIs-56] (from skw@hp.com on 2007-09-11) (from skw@hp.com on 2007-09-11)
  179. Re: Draft Agenda for TAG F2F 17-19th September 2007 at University of Southampton (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2007-09-04) (from noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com on 2007-09-04)
  180. Draft Agenda for TAG F2F 17-19th September 2007 at University of Southampton (from skw@hp.com on 2007-09-04) (from skw@hp.com on 2007-09-04)
  181. TAG Telcon Agenda for Thursday 30th August 2007 (from skw@hp.com on 2007-08-29) (from skw@hp.com on 2007-08-29)
  182. W3C Technical Architecture Group Face to Face Meeting - 30 May 2007 (Wednesday) (from on 2007-05-30) (from on 2007-05-30)
  183. TAG Weekly Telcon (from on 2007-05-14) (from on 2007-05-14)
  184. TAG Weekly Telcon - 30th April 2007 (from on 2007-04-30) (from on 2007-04-30)
  185. TAG Weekly Telcon - 30th April 2007 (from on 2007-04-30) (from on 2007-04-30)
  186. TAG Weekly (from on 2007-01-23) (from on 2007-01-23)
  187. TAG Weekly (from on 2007-01-23) (from on 2007-01-23)
  188. TAG F2F 5 October 2006 Afternoon (from on 2006-10-05) (from on 2006-10-05)
  189. TAG F2F 5 October 2006 Afternoon (from on 2006-10-05) (from on 2006-10-05)
  190. TAG Weekly (from on 2006-09-26) (from on 2006-09-26)
  191. TAG Weekly (from on 2006-09-26) (from on 2006-09-26)
  192. (from on 2006-08-29) (from on 2006-08-29)
  193. TAG Teleconference of 15 August 2006 (from on 2006-08-15) (from on 2006-08-15)
  194. TAG telcon (from on 2006-07-25) (from on 2006-07-25)
  195. TAG f2f, day 2, morning (from on 2006-06-13) (from on 2006-06-13)
  196. TAG in Amherst (from on 2006-06-12) (from on 2006-06-12)
  197. TAG Weekly (from on 2006-06-06) (from on 2006-06-06)
  198. SV_MEETING_TITLE (from on 2006-04-18) (from on 2006-04-18)
  199. SV_MEETING_TITLE (from on 2006-04-18) (from on 2006-04-18)
  200. TAG face-to-face meeting, 5-6 December 2005 (from on 2005-12-06) (from on 2005-12-06)
  201. 11 October 2005 TAG teleconference (from on 2005-10-11) (from on 2005-10-11)
  202. TAG weekly teleconference (from on 2005-10-04) (from on 2005-10-04)
  203. TAG (from on 2005-05-10) (from on 2005-05-10)
  204. Tag teleconference of 26-April-2005 (from on 2005-04-26) (from on 2005-04-26)
  205. TAG Weekly Teleconference (from on 2005-04-05) (from on 2005-04-05)
  206. (from on 2005-03-29) (from on 2005-03-29)
  207. 22 March 2005 TAG teleconference (from on 2005-03-29) (from on 2005-03-29)
  208. TAG (from on 2005-03-22) (from on 2005-03-22)
  209. [URNsAndRegistries-50] New issue on URNs and their uses (from Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk> on 2005-03-21) (from Henry S. Thompson on 2005-03-21)
  210. 15 March 2005 Tag Teleconference (from on 2005-03-15) (from on 2005-03-15)
  211. Tidy your HTML (from on 2005-03-15) (from on 2005-03-15)
  212. 15 March 2005 Tag Teleconference (from on 2005-03-15) (from on 2005-03-15)
  213. 15 March 2005 Tag Teleconference (from on 2005-03-15) (from on 2005-03-15)
  214. Re: IETF XML formats use lots of URNs for namespace names (from Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk> on 2005-03-15) (from Henry S. Thompson on 2005-03-15)

Related notes:

UniProt migrates from urn:lsid:uniprot.org to http://purl.uniprot.org [URNsAndRegistries-50] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Jul/0066.html

chime http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Aug/0030
and http://esw.w3.org/topic/HttpUrisAreExpensive

Dan Connolly, 16 Oct 2007, 15:27:23

Original issue in old issues list is at http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#URNsAndRegistries-50

Most recent (but two years old) draft finding by Thompson and Orchard is at http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/URNsAndRegistries-50.html

Thompson's thoughts about delegation in this context are at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2008Feb/att-0101/persistence.html

Henry S. Thompson, 2 Sep 2008, 14:09:36

Issue description revised from:
"This issue covers a) URIs for namespace names b) URNs for location independent names c) XML registries, and perhaps centralized vs. decentralized vocabulary tracking."

Stuart Williams, 9 Oct 2008, 18:32:41

Candidate replacement for the old draft finding: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/namingSchemes.html

Henry S. Thompson, 3 Mar 2009, 22:14:25

Memo on URIs and trust http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/03/uris-and-trust.html

Jonathan Rees, 21 Mar 2010, 13:32:05

A more narrative approach to a finding, still needs a lot of work: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/justSayHTTP.html

Henry Thompson, 16 Nov 2011, 17:34:51


Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Peter Linss <w3c@linss.com>, Daniel Appelquist <appelquist@gmail.com>, Chairs, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.326 2018/10/13 17:29:51 vivien Exp $