W3C

- DRAFT -

Technical Architecture Group Teleconference

16 Jan 2014

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Daniel Appelquist, Peter Linss, Jeni Tennison, Alex Russell, Sergey Konstantinov, Donenic Denicola, Anne van Kesteren
Regrets
Yves Lafon
Chair
Peter Linss
Scribe
Anne

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 16 January 2014

<Domenic__> I don't seem to have gotten the conference code

<Domenic__> nice trick thanks

<scribe> scribe: annevk

<slightlyoff_> that's me

<wycats_> regrets, but I'll be back as of next week

<wycats_> sorry for missing so many of these after I said I'd be back... injury :(

<Domenic__> that seems backward? i am 408-355... not sure how all this works though

<slightlyoff> congrats!

Minutes

PL: Any comments on the F2F minutes?
... Anyone had a chance to review them yet?

<slightlyoff> I haven't reviewed them...

<slightlyoff> happy to approve

PL: Does anyone want more time or should we just approve them as is?

<twirl> Approve, I think

AK: Happy to approve them, had a quick look

RESOLUTION: London F2F minutes approved

Status

AR: I have done little since I landed the weekend.
... I plan to have my actions done by next week, as planned

AK: I did some more work on URLs and revived the IDNA discussion

DD: Seems to be an interesting discussion

<twirl> https://github.com/w3ctag/spec-reviews/blob/f362beea9bfd9b9ef657e0260b0ef38e3c4b7bcc/2013/08/Push%20API.md

SK: I have a Push API review ^^
... I think we should approve the review and resolve this issue

AK: I kinda forgot how we wrapped this up during the F2F

AR: I was meant to follow up
... I'd like to see a new draft before we have a new discussion
... And I'd like to have a collective opinion on the northbound protocol (site server to push server)

PL: I recall we asked them to set up an overall architecture document with regards to the protocols and API involved
... Anything else?

<slightlyoff> I don't think we should until we have a conversation about how their API might look

SK: Nope

AR: I think we should give them another crack at a draft and then have a discussion with them

twirl, you're not connected

DKA: We agreed to work with Brian on the use of promises and service worker integration

SK: We agreed that this part regarding the Push API in the browser should not be stopped by discussion on the northbound protocol
... and the protocol between the UA and the push server

<slightlyoff> wait, I thought UA/push-service was pretty clearly not in scope?

slightlyoff, citation needed

<slightlyoff> the entire debate over their charter?

(Although personally I don't care much for that part)

slightlyoff, the WebApps WG charter is super broad

PL: What are our next steps here?

SK: There's a big question considering service workers
... I don't know how to correctly resolve that

<slightlyoff> next steps: we should work with them to get a new draft in place, ASAP

<slightlyoff> and once they have that, we can try to identify outstanding issues

<slightlyoff> (like northbound sketch)

twirl, you dropped

DKA: My status update; welcome to the new members!
... I want to give an update on the workshop between W3C and IETF on strengthening the internet against pervasive monitoring (SPRINT?)
... I'm on the program committee!
... The deadline for submissions is Monday
... I'd like to put something together for tomorrow

<slightlyoff> seems I've dropped off

DKA: If people could think of technologies that help strengthen web security that'd be useful for the workshop

<slightlyoff> still watching here

DKA: In particular, slightlyoff, if you could help me with that in the next few days that'd be great

<slightlyoff> yes, I can

DKA: I'm going to use the document we have in GitHub tomorrow and fill it out further

PL: If you can let us know on when there's an update ready that'd be great

DKA: will do

<slightlyoff> sounds good

<plinss> https://github.com/w3ctag/secure-the-web

DD: I want to update the promises guide document this weekend and have it ready for review by Tuesday

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-01-27 15:45:18 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/PL/DKA/
Found Scribe: annevk
Inferring ScribeNick: annevk

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: AK AR DD DKA Domenic__ IPcaller P3 PL SK aaaa aabb annevk ht https joined plinss slightlyoff slightlyoff_ tagmem trackbot twirl wycats_
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy


WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 16 Jan 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/01/16-tagmem-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]