RDF in Attributes (RDFa)
RDFa is a specification for attributes to express structured data in HTML5, XHTML, and any XML application. The rendered, hypertext content of (X)HTML or XML is reused by the RDFa markup, so that publishers don't need to repeat significant data in the document. Tools can extract that structured data and generate RDF triples for further reuse. RDFa can be considered as another serialization format for RDF, alongside Turtle, RDF/XML, or JSON-LD.
The latest version of the RDFa Recommendation is 1.1, completed in August 2013. The RDFa 1.1 suite consists of RDFa Core, that defines the general RDFa concepts; of RDFa Lite, that defines a subset of the general RDFa Core, a subset that is very easy to learn and covers a large percentage of the use cases; and of the mappings of the general RDFa Core concepts to HTML4 and HTML5 (including XHTML5) and to XHTML 1.1. The suite is completed by an RDFa Primer.
The official RDFa documents, published in 2013, include an RDFa Primer. The community also maintains a separate RDFa Information site for further information, test suite, and an additional list of tools.
A number of textbooks have been published on RDF, RDFS, and on Semantic Web in general. Please, refer to a separate page listing some of those, as maintained by the community. That list also includes references to conference proceedings and article collections that might be of general interest.
Points for consideration
Tools that are listed as relevant to RDFa
Last modified and/or added
The description of the following tools have been added and/or modified most recently.
- MSemantic (last modified: 5 August 2014)
- RDF Distiller (last modified: 6 May 2014)
- Structured Data Linter (last modified: 6 May 2014)
- SView (last modified: 14 November 2013)
- [] (last modified: 13 November 2013)
All relevant tools
This is a list of all tools listed on this wiki, and that are marked as relevant to RDFa.
- AllegroGraph RDF Store (triple store, programming environment, reasoner, development environment, rdfs reasoner). Directly usable from Java, LISP, Python, Prolog, C, Ruby, Perl
- checkrdfa (validator).
- GR-Notify (api).
- GoodRelations Snippet Generator (converter, rdf generator).
- GoodRelations for Joomla (shop extension, rdf generator).
- java-rdfa (rdf generator, converter). Directly usable from Java
- Krextor (rdf generator).
- microdata/RDFa-Lite C Parser (programming environment). Directly usable from C
- MSemantic (shop extension, rdf generator).
- pyRdfa, an RDFa 1.1 distiller and parser (rdf generator, programming environment, converter). Directly usable from Python
- RDF Distiller (converter, rdf generator, validator).
- RDF Translator (converter, rdf generator, api, programming environment). Directly usable from Python
- RDF-RDFa-Parser (rdf generator, programming environment, converter). Directly usable from Perl
- RDF2RDFa Converter (converter, rdf generator).
- RDFa Parser (rdf generator, converter). Directly usable from Python
- ReDeFer (converter, rdf generator, visualizer).
- RedStore (triple store, sparql endpoint).
- … further results
|Description||RDFa is a specification for attributes to express structured data in HTML5, XHTML, and any XML application. +|
|DateThis property is a special property in this wiki.||22 August 2013 +|