|Event||RDF Next Steps Workshop||Venue||NCBO, Stanford, California, USA||Date||June 26-27, 2010||Participants||List of Participants|
- 1 Day 1 (June 26) — Presentations
- 2 Day 2 (June 27) — Discussions
These wiki pages are used for the participants of the Workshop. For information on the general goals of the Workshop, details on the venue, hotels, etc, please consult the Home Page of the Workshop.
Participants of the Workshop should put their name on the separate Participants page. Submitters of positions papers to the Workshop, members of the Program Committee of the Workshop, member of the W3C Semantic Web Coordination Group are welcome to join at the Workshop. The Workshop Chairs may also decide to invite experts on an individual basis.
The first day of the program is a series of presentations, consisting of a selection of the accepted submissions. The second day is planned to consist of break-out groups addressing a particular topics of discussion. The list of discussion topic has been initially created based on all submissions; it is expected that this list will change during the first day of the event.
1 Day 1 (June 26) — Presentations
If you are presenting, please add a link to your slides here. Unless you have special requirements, we'll just follow the link on a shared projecting machine. Please at least include an HTML or PDF version.
The site will be open at around 8:30, to get badge, early morning coffee, etc. Coffee, tea will be served in the breaks and a light lunch is provided.
1.1 Setting the scene (9:00 - 10:30)
- Welcome, General Structure of the Events, Goals (David Wood, Stefan Decker, Ivan Herman)
- “Keep the core and pave the cowpath”, Richard Cyganiak (Short Presentation) (Slides)
- “Towards a minor revision of RDF” Jeremy Carroll (Short Presentation) (Slides)
- “RDF Syntaxes”, David Beckett (Short Presentation) (Slides)
- “Telefonica’s position paper”, José Manuel Cantera Fonseca (Short Presentation) (Slides) (cancelled, presenter could not come)
- “What I want from RDF 2.0”, David Booth (Short Presentation) (Slides)
1.2 Special Communities (11:00 - 12:30)
- “Provenance Requirements for the Next Version of RDF”, Jun Zhao, Christian Bizer, Yolanda Gil, Paolo Missier, and Satya Sahoo (Slides)
- “OMG Ontology PSIG”, Elisa Kendall, Roy Bell, Roger Burkhart, Manfred Koethe, Hugues Vincent, and Evan Wallace (Slides)
- “RDF and XML, Towards a Unified Query Layer”, Nuno Lopes, Stefan Bischof, Orri Erling, Axel Polleres, Alexandre Passant, Diego Berrueta, Antonio Campos, Jérome Euzenat, Kingsley Idehen, Stefan Decker, Stéphane Corlosquet, Jacek Kopecky, Janne Saarela, Thomas Krennwallner, Davide Palmisano, and Michal Zaremba (Slides)
1.3 Semantic issues (13:30 - 15:00)
- “Revisiting Blank Nodes in RDF to Avoid the Semantic Mismatch with SPARQL”, Marcelo Arenas, Mariano Consens, and Alejandro Mallea (Slides)
- “Contextualized RDF Importing”, Jie Bao, Li Ding, and Deborah L. McGuinness (slides)
- “RDF Needs Annotations”, Nuno Lopes, Antoine Zimmermann, Aidan Hogan, Gergely Lukácsy, Axel Polleres, Umberto Straccia, and Stefan Decker (Slides)
- “RDF: Back to Graph”, Peter F Patel-Schneider (Slides)
1.4 Additional contributions (15:30 - 17:00)
- “Name That Graph”, Fabien Gandon and Olivier Corby (Short Presentation) (Slides)
- “Supporting Change Propagations in RDF”, Andy Seaborne and Ian Davis (Slides)
- “RDF Isolation API”, James Leigh and David Wood (Short Presentation) (Slides)
- “An Ordered RDF List”, James Leigh and David Wood (Short Presentation) (Slides)
- “When owl:sameAs isn’t the Same: An Analysis of Identity Links on the Semantic Web”, Harry Halpin, Ivan Herman, and Patrick J. Hayes (Short Presentation) (Slides) (Additional Analysis)
2 Day 2 (June 27) — Discussions
This is an evolving list of topics to be discussed in breakouts and/or plenary sessions. Feel free to make these be links to new wiki pages, to add details.
2.1 Feature Changes
- Deprecations (suggest data producers avoid these)
- reification (align with some "named graph" support)
- rdf:Alt (just remove)
- rdf:Bag (fix or remove)
- rdf:Seq (use rdf:List instead)
- xs:string (use plain literals instead)
- rdf:XMLLiteral (use plain literals instead, with quoted XML)
- rdf:ID (use rdf:about instead)
- New Features
- lists as first class entities
- annotation framework
- quads, n-quads
- named graphs
- RDF API
- change BNode semantics
- adopt ter Horst semantics for RDFS
- remove restrictions on bnode as predicates
- remove restrictions on literals as subjects
- removal of all semantics for RDFS
- data constraints
2.3 Syntax and Protocols
- new XML syntax
- change propagation
- linked data radius (links + inference)
Draft text on IRIs
The Working Group will consider, in coordination with the I18N WG, the replacing of the term RDF URI Reference with an up-to-date reference to the IRI RFC.
2.4 Special Vocabularies
- unordered lists
- measurement units
- identity management
- n-ary relations
- codifying "follow your nose"