PROV is a specification that provides a vocabulary to interchange provenance information. Users can do so by marking up their web page using the terms provided or by making available provenance information expressed as linked data. For example, you can make explicit that you quoted another web page by using prov:wasQuotedFrom in the blockquote of your html page.
The Working Group is still active, ie, no recommendations published yet.
Tools that are listed as relevant to PROV
Last modified and/or added
The description of the following tools have been added and/or modified most recently.
- PROV-O-Viz (last modified: 25 February 2014)
- git2prov (last modified: 4 February 2014)
- Oh Yeah? (last modified: 19 December 2013)
- DataFAQs (last modified: 2 May 2013)
- csv2rdf4lod (last modified: 2 May 2013)
All relevant tools
This is a list of all tools listed on this wiki, and that are marked as relevant to PROV.
- csv2rdf4lod (converter, prov). Directly usable from Java
- DataFAQs (converter, prov). Directly usable from Bash, Python
- git2prov (converter). Directly usable from Node.js
- Oh Yeah? (semantic web browser).
- PROV-O-Viz (semantic web browser). Directly usable from Python
Uses of PROV
ISO 19115 Lineage
This is a OWL 2 DL extension of PROV-O that models part of the ISO 19115 UML metadata standard; in particular the concepts relating to lineage. The modelling covers the standard classes prefixed by LI_ ("lineage") and LE_("lineage extended") and provides placeholders for the other classes referenced by them. The intention of this ontology is to enable ISO lineage records (typically presented in XML) to be re-presented according to this ontology and therefore supporting interoperability with other PROV-O provenance records. The design has treated PROV-O as an upper ontology extended with the ISO 19115 concepts, faithfully carrying through the names and structure of the ISO 19115. As a result the design may well differ from both a direct translation of the UML to OWL and also from a fresh attempt to model the ISO 19115 content in PROV-O.
This is the RDF/XML OWL file, ISO_19115_Lineage.owl.
For questions please contact Kerry Taylor or Yanfeng Shu of CSIRO: firstname.lastname@example.org