First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Participation is free and open to anyone, anywhere
Complement, not compete
- EDIFACT, X12,-123;
- protect existing infrastructure investment
- -109;extend-and-embrace-108; versus -109;rip-and-replace-108;
Focus on needs of SME
- easy, low cost, rapid development & deployment
- plug and play shrink wrapped solutions
- built on open, available, proven standards
Modular and inclusive
- implement what applies to you
ebXML not being defined behind closed doors. It is radically open.
Likely to be used to extend EDI to smaller companies and niche players. Lowers the technology barriers for electronic commerce.
- -109;EDI for the rest of us-108; - builds on 25 year EDI legacy
SME-110;s will rely on COT-110;s software for ebXML support.
Flexible framework for implementation - use what you need. Top down, process driven approach recommended, but not required.