First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Events vs. Commands
The <add>, <modify>, <delete>, <rename>, and <move> elements represent both commands and events.
- Commands and events have essentially the same syntax.
- Commands specify that an action should be performed.
- Events report that something happened.
- Interpretation depends on context:
- Events are sent FROM the directory
- Commands are sent TO the directory
- When an events are sent, analysis based on the rules, yields no further action or commands that need to be issued