XMLP WG telcon minutes, 26 January 2005

1. Roll
Present 8/7
BEA Systems, Mark Nottingham
Canon, Herve Ruellan
IBM, David Fallside (chair)
IBM, Noah Mendelsohn
Microsoft Corporation, Martin Gudgin
Nokia, Michael Mahan (scribe)
Sun Microsystems, Marc Hadley
W3C, Yves Lafon

BEA Systems, David Orchard
Canon, Jean-Jacques Moreau
IBM, John Ibbotson
Microsoft Corporation, Jeff Schlimmer
Sun Microsystems, Tony Graham

SAP AG, Gerd Hoelzing
SeeBeyond, Pete Wenzel

IONA Technologies, Suresh Kodichath
Oracle, Jeff Mischkinsky
Oracle, Anish Karmarkar
SAP AG, Volker Wiechers

2. Agenda Review

3. Approval of 5 Jan minutes
Approved without objection.

4. Action Item Review
   Yves: Update edcopy from REC master is DONE
   All others, no change

5. Status reports and misc

Status of REC
  We are now in REC for XOP/MTOM/RRSHB

Charter extension
  Yves: the extension will occur this week
  David: the WG meet on an occasional basis only during this extension period

XOP media representation
  Done by Yves. 
    See http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/xop+xml registered 15 Dec 2004
    Yves - the fast track process is working

XMLP/WSD Task Force and WSDL Media Type document.
  Anish is not here, no report

  David: the JSP is looking for an informal review
  Noah: I did send comments to the list
  David: can you describe your comments here
  Noah: Overall a good job, I recommend that at some time they should talk about 
     attachments / MTOM/XOP/RRSHB
     SOAP 1.1 / 1.2 co-existence

     Additional review items:
        Further review of WSDL should happen
        HTTP state machine, MEP,  Did they use the binding framework
        XMLP Binding Framework examples do not sufficently describe the desired
                                detail for binding description

SOAP 1.2 Recommendation maintenance 
  Primer - David did go back to W3C for the non-normative primer status to get it to REC
   David: It would be tough that the primer would have to start from LC
   The W3C agreed and OKAYed to start from PR with the Primer
   We should ask for it and we should get it.

  Part 1
    Gudge: all the errata is rolled in
      some text to be near table 3 had a collision
      change to character code around white space - changed all occurances with a
                        'MUST', didn't change places with a 'MAY' partly because the suggested language
                        didn't work. Doesn't believe we need new language for the 'MAY' cases
    David: so part 1 is then done?
    Gudge: yes
    Gudge: there is boilerplate issue for YVES
    Yves: also the XML, link issue, 
    Gudge: viability/liability was corrected in stylesheet
    Marc: I fixed it too,

    Marc: all errata rolled in
      found clash of 2 errata, rolled in the 1st trivial change
      also made change to status in commented out section 
      also made changes to make it work with the dtd in cvs. Edited dtd in cvs.
                        Added Loc location items not specified in the DTD.
      Part2 is in good shape too

  Test Collection
    Anish not here for that.

  David: so where are the docs?
  Gudge: in the place where all edcopies are. All dcos are in XML
  David: Can we regenerate the HTML?
  Marc: Will do, for both, after this call

  David: and then send email to list with url for the regened html
  Yves: will also move the Primer to the right place
  David: can Yves send the email with the urls to this regened doc.
  Yves: affirmative 

  David: we can be in position next week to point at what is collectively called: 'Proposed Edited Recs'
  David: we believe the Primer is ready, all errata are folded in, according to Nilo.

  David: Lastly, change request for the errata - Marc
  Marc: SOAP detail right whether soap detail was for faults in the body or for
        any part of the message  Sec 5.4.5 Part 1 (LC 322)
    Options are to strike 'detail related to the SOAP body'
                or replace body with message suggested in email.
  David: Are there any objections to striking the text? 
  Group: NO OBJECTION. Marc will make change.

  ACTION: Take Marc's modified proposal - and strike the text rather than change 'body' to 'message'

David: Things to take away from the meeting

1) provide comments on XMPP
2) look at part 1,2 & primer for sanity check
3) congrats to the group on going Rec with XOP/MTOM/RRSHB

Mark: WS-Addressing may be creating new soap binding and soap MEP. WS-A may want
XMLP to review. This is just a heads up.