XMLP WG telcon minutes, 5 January 2005

Based on IRC log

Present 7/6
Canon, Herve Ruellan
IBM, Noah Mendelsohn
IBM, David Fallside
Microsoft Corporation, Martin Gudgin
SeeBeyond, Pete Wenzel
Sun Microsystems, Marc Hadley
W3C, Yves Lafon

Canon, Jean-Jacques Moreau
IBM, John Ibbotson
Microsoft Corporation, Jeff Schlimmer
Sun Microsystems, Tony Graham

BEA Systems, Mark Nottingham
IONA Technologies, Suresh Kodichath
Nokia, Michael Mahan
Oracle, Anish Karmarkar
SAP AG, Gerd Hoelzing

BEA Systems, David Orchard
Oracle, Jeff Mischkinsky
SAP AG, Volker Wiechers

[Yves] Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-protocol-wg/2005Jan/0001.html

[Yves] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/4/12/15-minutes.html
[Yves] approved with a change: Gudge moved form Absent to Regrets

[Yves] charter extension
[Yves] currently working on the right date for the extension, the announcement will be done this month

[Yves] --- status report
[Yves] PR went well, expect publication of the REC late january
[Yves] testimonials are needed
[Yves] IBM sent one, SUN and Microsoft working on their testimonial
[Yves] deadline for testimonials is january 14th

[Yves] XMLP/WSD TF & Media Type document
[Yves] ..waiting for Anish to see if there will be any impact on our spec

[Yves] SOAP 1.2
[Yves] the plan was to fold the errata in the SOAP 1.2 REC and publish a 2nd edition
[Yves] we may go to PER before having a second edition, as there are not only errata
[Yves] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/REC-soap12-20030624-errata.html
[Yves] aprrox 30 errata in the document
[Yves] it includes also the test collection
[Yves] Yves: the primer is a special case
[Yves] part1, part2, schema and test collection should be processed
[Yves] Gudge will edit part1 and the schema
[Yves] Marc will edit part2
[Yves] Anish will be asked to work on the test collection
[Yves] * Primer
[Yves] the primer will have more significant changes
[Yves] the suggestion from Ian Jacobs is to publish the primer as a WD then go to PR
[Yves] Yves will ask for a faster way to republish the primer


[Zakim] Attendees were David_Fallside, Canon, +1.617.837.aaaa, Yves-office-617, noah, +1.441.619.aabb, Gudge?, Marc, PeteW

[RRSAgent] I see 6 open action items:
[RRSAgent] ACTION: Editors (Marc and Gudge) to fold errata in the spec, due Feb 2nd [1]
[RRSAgent] ACTION: DavidF to look at the PER process [2]
[RRSAgent] ACTION: Yves to put the REC master in place of the Ed Copy [3]
[RRSAgent] ACTION: DavidF to contact Anish wrt updating the test collection [4]
[RRSAgent] ACTION: DavidF to contact Nilo wrt updating the primer [5]
[RRSAgent] ACTION: Yves to investigate for a PER for the primer [6]