XMLP WG telcon minutes, 20 October 2004

Based on IRC log

1. Roll
Present 9/8
Canon, Herve Ruellan (scribe)
IBM, David Fallside
IBM, John Ibbotson
Microsoft Corporation, Martin Gudgin
Nokia, Michael Mahan
Oracle, Anish Karmarkar
SeeBeyond, Pete Wenzel
Sun Microsystems, Tony Graham
W3C, Yves Lafon

Canon, Jean-Jacques Moreau
IBM, Noah Mendelsohn
Microsoft Corporation, Jeff Schlimmer
Oracle, Jeff Mischkinsky
Sun Microsystems, Marc Hadley

BEA Systems, Mark Nottingham
IONA Technologies, Suresh Kodichath
SAP AG, Volker Wiechers
SAP AG, Gerd Hoelzing

BEA Systems, David Orchard

2. Agenda review
No other items of business

[herveScribe] 3 - Approval of the minutes
[herveScribe] Minutes of october 6 approved without objection
[herveScribe] Minutes of october 13 approved without objection

[herveScribe] 4 - Review of the AI
[Gudge] I believe my action item was related to issue 501
[herveScribe] Yves: no clarification from Vine (on 501)

[herveScribe] 6 - CR
[herveScribe] -- Test status report

[herveScribe] Back to 4
[herveScribe] 2004/09/29: Gudge AI, about extension mechanism is linked to 501
[herveScribe] Gudge: did we need this text or wait for input?
[herveScribe] DF: wait for input (see Yves AI)

[herveScribe] 6 - CR
[herveScribe] -- 502
[herveScribe] Gudge: All drafts allow for special characters.
[herveScribe] DF: need to solve 501 and 502 before PR
[herveScribe] DF: need to get answer from i18n
[herveScribe] DF: best way is to have a telcon with them. Either extra telcon or
next week telcon
[herveScribe] Addition to Gudge comment: don't know what i18n request is any more.
[herveScribe] Action to chair to setup meeting with i18n for next week telcon
[herveScribe] ACTION: chair to setup meeting with i18n for next week telcon

[herveScribe] 5 - Status reports and misc.
[herveScribe] -- XOP media type registration
[herveScribe] Yves: has been asked by Dan Connolly.
[herveScribe] Yves: waitting for Iesg feedback.
[herveScribe] -- XMLP:WSDL TF and WSDL Media Type document
[herveScribe] Anish: both groups approved LC
[herveScribe] Anish: few changes and documents ready to go.
[herveScribe] -- Future of XMLP
[herveScribe] -- SOAP layered on HTTP & IETF
[herveScribe] Yves: will do this this week.
[herveScribe] -- Future of XMLP
[herveScribe] Yves: to extend charter, only need to ask for it. Easy process.
[herveScribe] DF: way forward to go to quiet mode: extend charter for 6 month
after PR.
[herveScribe] DF: 1/month telcon during that time.
[herveScribe] General consensus for using this approach.

[herveScribe] Telcon adjourned

[Zakim] The attendees were John_Ibbotson, David_Fallside, TonyGraham, Yves,
Gudge, Canon, +1.858.405.aaaa, Anish, +1.509.427.aabb

[RRSAgent] I see 1 open action item:
[RRSAgent] ACTION: chair to setup meeting with i18n for next week telcon [1]
[RRSAgent] recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/20-xmlprotocol-irc#T15-56-59