XMLP WG telcon minutes, 28 July 2004

1.Roll call
Present 8/7
BEA Systems, Mark Nottingham
IBM, David Fallside
IBM, Noah Mendelsohn
IONA Technologies, Suresh Kodichath
Microsoft Corporation, Martin Gudgin
SAP AG, Gerd Hoelzing (scribe)
Sun Microsystems, Tony Graham
W3C, Yves Lafon

BEA Systems, David Orchard
IBM, John Ibbotson
Microsoft Corporation, Jeff Schlimmer
SAP AG, Volker Wiechers
Sun Microsystems, Marc Hadley

Canon, Herve Ruellan
Canon, Jean-Jacques Moreau
Nokia, Michael Mahan
Oracle, Anish Karmarkar

Oracle, Jeff Mischkinsky
SeeBeyond, Pete Wenzel

2.Agenda review
DF: Rec20, Primer, issue 470 and 498 are the important stuff
GH: Question, the Summary List of Outstanding Issues lists 485 and 498.
Gudge: If issue 470 is closed then issue 485 is also resolved.

3.Approval of minutes: 
Minutes July 14 and 21 approved, no objections.

4.Action items
MN: 481 done
DF: 492 done
    470 done
    487 done
    493 done
    494 done
    490 done
    498 done
Yves: Rec20 done, keep it as it is, accepted by WG

DF: Yves, can MIT host a f2f meeting?
Yves: No, a building is not finished and there is already another meeting scheduled.
GH: SAP can host a f2f in Philadephia.

DF: Asking for implementers resulted in: Canon, White Mesa and Microsoft.
Noah: Is Microsoft's endpoint like the SOAPbuilders?
DF: Yes
Gudge: Explaining the test capabilities - there is an echoTest for MTOM
GH: Does this mean MTOM conformance testing?
Noah: Conformance testing is questtionable

5. Status Reports
Media types registration
MN: Open on the RFC editor stack, ~ 100 requests

XMLP/WSD tf - Anish not present

f2f: 3 choices are present
     SAP - Philadelphia or Palo Alto
     BEA - New York/ Manhatten
     IBM - Cambridge
DF: Mail from Philipp/W3C about W3C team meeting at MIT. There is a possibility for WG f2f
    meeting a week earlier or a week later than 20th September.
GH: SAP location in Philadelphia is at least 30 minutes(by car) away from the next hotel(Marriott).
DF: Poll gives clear preference for east coast - New York/Manhatten.
    Schedule is 21 - 23 September

Primer review: 
Nilo: No feedback received so far
DF: State of the current document?
Nilo: Updated for XOP/MTOM
DF: Review by WG at f2f
Gudge: Document looks good
DF: Bye to Nilo

DF: First item (MTOM by WSDL requested) is questionable
Gudge: Relevant only on a binding level
Noah: Agree
DF: No action item

470 Long discussion on MN's proposal. Conclusion was to stick to the current wording.
Gudge: MN's option 2 is preferred with the following wording:
       start-info on multipart/related will allow whatever the original content-type allows.
       The same will apply to the type parameter of the root part.
DF: 470 closed(and 485 closed)
    Action items for MN and Gudge
    Action for chair to send mail to the WG with the decision.

Telcon closed.