XMLP WG telcon minutes, 9 June 2004

Based on IRC log

1. Roll
Present 12/9
BEA Systems, Mark Nottingham
Canon, Herve Ruellan
IBM, John Ibbotson
IBM, Noah Mendelsohn
IBM, David Fallside
Microsoft Corporation, Martin Gudgin
Oracle, Anish Karmarkar
SAP AG, Gerd Hoelzing
SeeBeyond, Pete Wenzel
Sun Microsystems, Marc Hadley
Sun Microsystems, Tony Graham
W3C, Yves Lafon (scribe)

BEA Systems, David Orchard
Canon, Jean-Jacques Moreau
Microsoft Corporation, Jeff Schlimmer
Oracle, Jeff Mischkinsky
SAP AG, Volker Wiechers

IONA Technologies, Suresh Kodichath

Nokia, Michael Mahan

2. Agenda review

3. Minutes of 2 June 2004 approved without objection

4. Action Items
[ScrYves] first 3 AIs -> DONE
Also DONE are actions to TonyG and Yves action to draft text for Part 2 sec 6.5

5. Status reports
[ScrYves] we are now in last call
[ScrYves] (yeah!)
[ScrYves] email sent to dist-app and chairs to notify them of those new LC docs
[ScrYves] deadline of LC is June 29
[ScrYves] depending on the LC comments we receive, we might have a f2f between LC
and CR, otherwise after CR
[ScrYves] ---
[ScrYves] media type registration
[ScrYves] Mark: has not heard back from Area Directors (after sending the update)
[ScrYves] recommends an OK from them before proceding
[ScrYves] ---
[ScrYves] joint TF with WSD and media type doc
[ScrYves] the media type doc has been published with our docs

6. Attachments, skipped

7. SOAP 1.2 Rec, Maintenance
Proposed new text for Part 2 section 6.5 ....
[ScrYves] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2004Jun/0035.html
[davidF] proposals say:
[davidF] In Part2, section 6.5.3
[davidF] replace
[davidF] <
[davidF] The SOAP Action feature defines a single property, which is described in 
[davidF] Table 14. >
[davidF] by
[davidF] >
[davidF] The SOAP Action feature defines a single property, which is described in
[davidF] Table 14. The value of this property MUST be an absolute URI [rfc2396] and 
[davidF] MUST NOT be empty.
[davidF] <
[ScrYves] proposed text approved without objection
[ScrYves] ---
[ScrYves] Rec23
[ScrYves] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2004Jun/0002.html
Anish's proposal accepted without objection, issue closed
[ScrYves] ---
[ScrYves] Rec21
[ScrYves] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2004Jun/0001.html
[davidF] NM's text 
[davidF] "The arraySize attribute conveys a suggested mapping of a SOAP array to a 
[davidF] multi-dimensional program data structure.  The cardinality of the 
[davidF] arraySize list represents the number of dimensions, with individual values 
[davidF] providing the extents of the respective dimensions.  When SOAP encoding 
[davidF] multidimensional arrays, nodes are selected such that the last subscript 
[davidF] (I.e. the subscript corresponding to the last specified dimension) varies 
[davidF] most rapidly, and so on with the first varying most slowly.    An asterisk 
[davidF] MAY be used only in place of the first size to indicate a dimension of 
[davidF] unspecified extent;  asterisks MUST NOT appear in other positions in the 
[davidF] list.  The default value of the arraySize attribute information item is 
[davidF] "*", I.e. a single dimension of unspecified extent."
[ScrYves] +1 from Marc
[ScrYves] +1 from Gudge
[ScrYves] +1 from Gerd, Herve
Noah's text accepted without objection, issue closed 
[ScrYves] --
[ScrYves] Rec26
[ScrYves] "Simple auth feature"
[ScrYves] proposal to remove naming the feature
[ScrYves] Marc's counter proposal is ok with everyone
[ScrYves] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-protocol-wg/2004Jun/0011.html
Marc's text accpeted withotu objection, issue closed
[ScrYves] ---


[RRSAgent] I see 8 open action items:
[RRSAgent] ACTION: Yves to send email to ietf-type list about XOP and MTOM [1]
[RRSAgent] ACTION: Yves to add http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2004Jun/0035.html in the errata [2]
[RRSAgent] ACTION: Anish to send email to xmlp-comments and originator to close Rec23 [3]
[RRSAgent] ACTION: Yves to update TEst Collection Errata w/ resolution to Rec23 [4]
[RRSAgent] ACTION: Yves to add rec21 resolution in the errata [5]
[RRSAgent] ACTION: Noah to send email to xmlp-comments and originator to close Rec21 [6]
[RRSAgent] ACTION: Marc to send email to xmlp-comments and originator to close Rec26 [7]
[RRSAgent] ACTION: Yves to add rec26 resolution in the errata [8]