XMLP WG Telcon Minutes, 28 April 2004

1. Roll call.
Present 11/8 
BEA Systems, Mark Nottingham
Canon, Herve Ruellan
IBM, John Ibbotson
IBM, Noah Mendelsohn
IBM, David Fallside
Microsoft Corporation, Martin Gudgin
Nokia, Michael Mahan
SAP AG, Volker Wiechers
SAP AG, Gerd Hoelzing (scribe)
Sun Microsystems, Marc Hadley
W3C, Yves Lafon

BEA Systems, David Orchard
Canon, Jean-Jacques Moreau
Microsoft Corporation, Jeff Schlimmer
Sun Microsystems, Tony Graham

IONA Technologies, Suresh Kodichath
Oracle, Anish Karmarkar
SeeBeyond, Pete Wenzel

Oracle, Jeff Mischkinsky

2. Agenda review, and AOB

3. Approval of minutes of April 14 and April 21
Both sets of minutes are approved without objection by the WG

4. Review action items
2004/03/14: Michael
      Update the xbinc:include FAQ and turn it into a WD by april 21
Scribe: DONE

2004/04/21: Gudge
      Send closing mail to xmlp-comments and originator for Issue 438
Scribe: DONE

2004/04/21: Gudge
      Send closing mail to xmlp-comments and originator for issue 447
Scribe: DONE

2004/04/21: Tony
      Send closing mail to xmlp-comments and originator for issue 465
Scribe: DONE

2004/04/21: Gudge
      Send closing email to xmlp-comments and originator for issue 466
Scribe: DONE

5. Status reports and misc
-- Pending items
    o Email to DOM re. XOP etc, to be sent at LC, see
MN: No feedback on this email
DF: Please send the email to DOM WG

-- Representation Header document, status update (Herve/Yves)
DF: We have recieved email from Tim Berners-Lee to publish it as a WD

-- Media types registrations, i.e. "application/soap+xml" and "
application/soap_xop+xml". Drafts of registrations at
DF: We will use the old process for soap+xml, and the new process for the XOP media type
DF: Action to chair to send email to Martin Dürst re. old/new procs for 2 media registrations

-- FAQ regarding MTOM/XOP instead of XInclude
DF: FAQ will be published after reformatting by Yves & Mike

-- XMLP/WSD Task Force and WSDL Media Type document
no report
MH: No updates
DF: Action to chair to ping Anish about the stability of the media type doc

6. Attachments
-- Placeholder for pending items
o Update on Copyright and IP statements

-- Extensibility text for MTOM and Representation Header
Herve: Proposed text for Extensibility is not yet incorporated in XOP spec
MN:  Incorporation in MTOM is more complex 

Ref to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-protocol-wg/2004Mar/0016.html

MN: Extensibility is not constrained in XOP
DF: Proposal for XOP is fine
Gudge: MTOM restricts XOP, correct? Question is how to avoid too many constraints
Group: Discussion whether MTOM needs extensibility points leads to the feeling that
       MTOM needs no extensibility.
MH: But we need at least to have a section in MTOM that there is no extensibility
MN: Leave MTOM as is. Could be changed later to add a note that there is no ex. in MTOM
DF: Proposal: close 464 by text found in MN mail March #16 (see ref above)
No objection from WG to closing issue with this proposal
Group: Issue 464 is closed with text from MN mail
MH will send out the mail to xmlp-comments

-- Other XOP/MTOM document issues
Ref to mail http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2004Apr/0023.html
DF: Defer 4.2 
Herve: Nothing more in XOP (mail March#23). In MTOM 1.2 the relation with SOAP 1.2 is not clear.
NM: Don’t change the Rec but do this in the cover material
DF: Action to chair to note in MTOM last call cover material that it has superseded the Attachment feature doc
Herve: Will remove SOAP Attachment feature refs from MTOM
NM: Defer 3.3 until we have a resolution for 4.2 
DF: The proposed changes of Herve from Mail 3#23 were accepted, except 4.2 & 3.3 discussion on that
NM: 4.2 Error handling at this level is beyond the scope of this spec
NM: 3.3 same as above
Incorporating mail: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2004Apr/0022.html into XOP and MTOM
skip 2.1 & 4.2 (s.b.)
1.1 accepted
4.1 accepetd
3. accepted
MH: Should we repeat "Any W3C recommendation-level version of XML is allowed for 
storing the XOP Infoset created from the SOAP envelope Infoset into the 
MIME Multipart/Related XOP Package" every time, or can we skip it here?
DF: Good point but keep this for the final release to speed up here
4. accepted accepted
Mail: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2004Apr/0028.html
2.1: accepted 
4.2: accepted
DF: Proposal: Editors should incorporate all changes we agreed on today
Herve: Changes could be incorporated by end of week
DF: Herve, please send a email with the list of all changed docs to me.
DF will then send the list for review to the group

End of telcon