The W3C XML Protocol WG held a teleconference on 8 November 2000. The meeting began at noon PDT.


1. Roll call, scribes for minutes/action items (5 mins)

David Clay - minutes
HenrikFN - action items

2. Agenda review, call for AOB (5 mins)

David Fallside added agenda item to discuss IETF paper on best practices use of HTTP.

3. Approval of minutes from last week [1] and review action items (5 mins)

No additions or corrections to minutes.

Action items from previous week

(i) Henrik Nielsen contacted Mark Nottingham to discuss status on intermediaries section.  Section completed.

(ii) David Fallside contacted Rich Martin to discuss status on protocol bindings section.  As a result, Oisin Hurley will take over as group leader.

5. Use cases on xml-dist-app (Cotton, 5 mins)

Paul Cotton asks WG members to lead by example and submit use cases.  Ray Widmer agrees to submit 3 before Friday.

6. XP Requirements (15 mins)

Status report from section leads on unballoted DR's

Oisin Hurley, 600's: some rewording, has been edited by Henrik Nielsen, waiting for UTF-8 discussion to conclude, can have ready by Thursday, noon, PST

David Ezell, 300's can have ready by Thursday, noon, PST

Vidur Apparao, 200's, RPC may not complete by Thursday discussion between RPC and Data Representation regarding representation of object graphs and whether certain requirements are redundant.

David Fallside asks that requirements be submitted by Thursday, noon, PST even if incomplete - can still be voted "need discussion". Following timing discussion, ballot and requirements doc for 200, 300, 600, and 700 should be in by end of day  PST on Thursday, November 9.

Ballot will be close end of day PST, Wednesday, November 15.

7. Any Other Business (5 mins)

IETF Http Protocol paper discussion deferred.

Noah Mendelsohn raises question regarding last meeting minutes - will take to email.

The meeting ended.