Adopt, don't adapt WAI Guidelines
- W3C specifications benefit from cross-review by W3C Working Groups
(with expertise in internationalization, accessibility, Web technologies,
- W3C specifications developed in a consensus process that
includes industries, governments, non-profit organizations, experts.
- WAI Guidelines are developed in an public, international forum.
- Adoption by other governments means scrutiny in application,
likelihood of improvements.
- WAI Guidelines complemented by detailed technical materials:
Techniques Documents, Notes on accessibility features of
CSS, SMIL, SVG, etc.