URI and Processing Model
- dereferencing and transforms operate over octets or XPath node-sets. Conversion from one
to the other requires canonicalization or parsing.
- Absolute URI and null-URI/bare-name-XPointer support in the URI.
- Other XPath, or XPointer processing should be specified as a specific Transform.
- Identifies the octets that represent the external resource 'http//example.com/bar.xml',
that is probably XML document given its file extension.
- Identifies the element with ID attribute value 'chapter1' of the external XML resource
'http://example.com/bar.xml', provided as an octet stream. (Not recommended)
- Identifies the nodeset (minus any comment nodes) of the XML resource containing
- Identifies a nodeset containing the element with ID attribute value 'chapter1' of the
XML resource containing the signature. XML Signature (and its applications) modify this
nodeset to include the element plus all descendents including namespaces and attributes --
but not comments.