(All of this happens during many iterations of public drafts.)
- WG Last Call: does the WG feel its satisfied its requirements and that all open
issues have been closed (and minority views documented).
- W3C Last Call: does the WG deliverables satisfy dependent WGs (users of the spec, WAI
(accessible content), I18N (internationalization), etc.)
- W3C Candidate REC: is the specification being implemented by the community?
- Director (helped by Team) reviews all technical comments, requirements, and
dependencies, advances to the Advisory Committee as Proposed REC.
- Advisory Committee "votes" to inform Director as to whether make it a REC.
(Does the W3C Recommend this as a useful thing for the Web?)